Back to Blog

The Power of Your Mindset

mindset May 10, 2022

Let's start by defining mindset - it is an established set of attitudes ie. one's outlook or philosophy on life as well as a frame of mind or disposition. 

In Carol Dweck's infamous book Mindset, she describes the difference between a fixed mindset and a growth mindset. The good news, you are in total control of your worldview. Whether you choose to focus on opportunities or challenges, it's totally up to you.

I've been fascinated with psychology and human potential for decades. I live in a state of curiosity and am open to new ways of thinking and being. This would classify as a growth mindset. Which do you think you are?

Although you have total control in changing your worldview (mindset), you have also been programmed and conditioned into ways of thinking and being based on your family, community, culture and more. Up until about the age of 7, you're totally programmable - taking in life as a sponge and accepting everything as fact.

Now that you're an adult, you have the power and decision making skills to question your beliefs. This is how you reprogram your subconscious mind (95% of the picture) to align with your conscious desires (the other 5%).

Anytime you struggle and effort to obtain something (money, relationships, health, success etc.) you have a misalignment with your conscious desires and your subconscious programming. 

I won't get too technical here - instead, I invite you to do your own research on neuroscience and the biology of belief to fully understand your mental programming.

The takeaway I want you to have is this - your mindset is creating every result in your life. If you want to increase your finances, lose the weight, have a harmonious relationship and live in abundance, there's nothing out there (no magic pill) that can provide lasting change. Instead, if you go within and do the work, you can create your ideal reality and it starts with your mindset!

Inspiration Delivered to Your Inbox!

Subscribe to my newsletter - you can opt out anytime.

We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.